Top Tips to Share the BuffaLOVE
Holidays are especially difficult when we're unable to spend time with friends and family who have moved far away. We're especially nostalgic for the comforts of home and holiday traditions. Here are some thoughts about how to share Buffalo with friends afar.
- Use social media and tags to share what you love about the holidays
- Share reminders in your holiday cards of things you've shared in the past
- Send them treats and foods you've enjoyed together. (our BuffaLOVE collection is a great place to start)
- Update them on the lives of shared friends, teachers and relatives
- Make time to call, Facetime, Skype, to have that shared experience
- Make plans to see each other in the New Year. If its on the calendar, it's more likely to happen
If you are the one living afar, consider finding a sports bar near you where Buffalonians congregate to watch home town teams. Team Bar Finder is a great resource.